- We provide training for people and their pet or working dogs, individually and in groups.
- All services begin with the introduction of The Six Pillars of Dog Training Wisdom which helps owners develop a better relationship with their dog using positive, non-force-based methods.
- Our mission is to teach you how to become the Benevolent Leader who can teach your dog what to do, in a way that makes the dog want to do it.
- Our other services include service dog training, board & train (including puppy raising), temperament testing, rescue/rehoming services and even cat training.
- We also make and sell the patented Har-Vest®, a 3-in-1 backpack for dogs.
- In A Better Pet: Shop, we sell only things we use ourselves: Har-Vest®, Euroleashes, Martingale collars, pet beds, bully sticks, and Life’s Abundance pet food.
It’s easy for suburban and urban dog owners to forget that dogs need time for off-leash play with other dogs to exercise muscles and manners, be joyful and burn off energy and become more confident around other dogs.
That’s why A Better Pet offers all clients who gone through at least one private training session free lifelong access to Drop-In Play sessions (DIPs).
DIPs are free 90-minute playdates held year-round which provide dogs an opportunity to play, socialize and learn in a safe environment. To attend a DIP, find a date on our calendar to suit you, and then RSVP (by text, phone, or email before you come.
The ideal setting: DIPS are held in a secure fenced-in backyard designed to meet the developmental and safety needs of dogs. Read on ⇒